Monday, May 9, 2011

Back on track, an evening at the spine ramp in Ans.

my girl!

As some readers may well know, we are in full exam mode. A month of non stop studying has started.
Tradition wants it that i always find something way more interesting to do when the exams start.
This year my bmx fuse has been relit and i'm starting to get back into it full time, meanwhile dragging my girlfriend down with me. I didn't need to push her though, she is as exited as me about it and is starting to get better and better. About time i save up to buy her a bike so we can cruise together!


carving through the spine ramp
So in that light we decided to hit up a spine ramp i had located nearby. When we got there we were greeted by two friendly locals. They told me the park was a bit run down and that the city has been wanting to get rid of it for ages.
Typical, the only thing they have for the youth that doesn't just spend their days behind a screen or on a street corner and here's what they want to do with it...


manual on the deck.

 So about the park: it's not that big, but bigger than what i'm used to anyways. There's a spine ramp, which is sweet because i'm dying to learn a spine transfer. Next to the ramp there's a super tight hip.
It's steep as hell and narrow as fuck but it's a fun little obstacle.

Hip transfer

It was really a great evening spent with the WBST. Seeing my beautiful girlfriend ride that bike made me fall in love with her all over again. She's the gift that keeps on giving. I'm so proud of her.

me and misses D. chilling


What could have been "just another night" was turned into something special thanks to my girl and The Bat who was taking great pictures as always. I think he's in love with his new camera.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment