Wednesday, January 5, 2011

VINTAGE BASS Review.

Here is what Behringer sais about it:




The Behringer VINTAGE BASS VB1 effects pedal revives classic guitar effects long forgotten which will sweep you straight off your feet—more than once.
The Behringer VB1 simulates vocal sounds with a classic dual-sweeping filter. Plug your guitar into this magic stomp box and enjoy unique tone colors, crazy sounding effects, psychedelic-style sounds and distortion rich with overtones.
A status LED for effect On/Off and battery check is included, plus there is a true hard-wire bypass for ultimate signal integrity. The Behringer VINTAGE BASS VB1 runs on a 9 V battery or a DC power supply (not included). This stomp box will sweep you right off your feet!
Behringer VINTAGE BASS VB1 main features include:
  • Make your guitar talk and simulate vocal sounds with classic dual-sweeping filters
  • Distortion mode produces rich overtones with great dynamic responsiveness
  • Blue status LED for effect on/off and battery check
  • True hard-wire bypass for ultimate signal integrity

So all of the above is true. I've had my eye on this pedal for a while, looking for some Eagles of Death Metal funkynesss, when out of the blue i found one of these babies wrapped on the bed.
My angel of a girlfriend took a leap of faith and just got me this awesome effect after i had already got the most beautiful gifts for Christmas. I know, i'm the luckiest bastard on earth!

I went straight to testing it on Bass and Guitar with the following results:

Bass: Washburn Active bass -> Vintage Bass -> Bass Amp

This effect is in my own words "like laying a pile of sex on the track". It generates instant funk on a fat bassline.
I prefer using the effect at full sensitivity and with the Distortion switch on. Kind of similar to a Wah effect.
I will try and put up soundclips ASAP.

Guitar: Gretsch Junior Jet -> Vintage Bass -> El Grande Bass Fuzz -> Boss RV5 -> HB GA5 tube amp

As for guitar i prefer to use this effect really subtle without the distortion on. It gives this old-style delta blues sound. This pedal reacts perfectly with my El grande Fuzz. I give it a slight touch of fuzz and it goes all Junior Kimbrough on me! This effect is awesome. I had no idea of how it was gonna sound and i couldn't be more happy with this!

This pedal is really a banger and i see myself using it a LOT in the coming year to spice up those blues licks!
Thank you Babe!
 Behringer VB-1 on guitar by D.A. Badger 

No comments:

Post a Comment